Grove Surgery Patient Participation Group (PPG)
The PPG at the Grove Surgery was started over 20 years ago and consists of a number of non medically trained individuals who meet on a regular basis with members of Grove Surgery staff.
It has not been set up to be a 'forum for moaners' nor is it a 'doctors fan club'. It is intended to allow users of the practice to participate in the development of the practice.
The activities that the PPG has been involved in include:
- Improving communication by production of a newsletter on a regular basis providing patients with information about various health aspects and highlighting initiatives being promoted by the practice.
- Participating in the organisation of health promotion events to improve patients awareness of facilities that are available to them (e.g. Dementia Awareness event, the Winter Warmth campaign)
- Assist in the collection of the views of the patients on a number of subjects by helping with the various surveys undertaken within the practice.
- Highlight to patient events and issues that the practice is facing (e.g. high level of missed appointments).
- Assist in the organisation of large scale events that the practice undertakes (e.g. the flu vaccination event).
- Influence the services that are provided by the practice by providing a patients' view as to the issues and their relative importance.
Members of the PPG also attend appropriate health related events in order to determine if they have any consequence for the practice's patients.